Autonomos is a Research Unit within TomTom. We are a diverse and talented team motivated to make a difference. Our goal is to establish new technologies which add extra value to your everyday life. We like to have fun together – it makes no sense to come to work every single day if you don’t like the people you are working with. As a new colleague you will work in an international and talented team in Berlin. We work in small Scrum teams but collaborate across teams whenever possible to help each other to success.
We are looking for a Senior Localization Engineer for Autonomous Driving.
Here is a little taste of your challenge:
As part of the perception team within Autonomos you are responsible for providing an accurate and reliable online vehicle pose estimate inside TomTom HD maps to support and enable autonomous driving. Main part of your work is to design, develop, and evaluate state-of-the-art localization approaches by fusing sensor data from cameras, LiDARs, Radars, GPS, wheel odometry and IMU. You stand out as a creative driver and expert in this field, and you help other team members meet requirements and the expected quality level. The developed software is tailored for our autonomous vehicle and ready to be integrated and tested in the real world. You code in C++ and use the latest technologies, language standards and industry’s best practices to deliver an enterprise-class application within an agile software development ecosystem.
What we expect from you:
- PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field of study
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field of localization and mapping
- Experience in pose graph optimization or bundle adjustment
- Experience with sensor data fusion and probabilistic filters
- Profound knowledge in higher mathematics especially in linear algebra, geometric transformations, probability theory, and non-linear optimization
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on, recent experience developing with modern C++
- Highly (self) motivated, team-oriented and organized
What would be beneficial for you to have:
- Experience with Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Point Clouds
- Experience with Ceres
- Familiar with ROS or similar frameworks
- Linux user
What you can expect from us:
- Work together with professionals in an open, friendly environment where creativity is key
- Have a suggestion? See a new way of doing something? TomTom’s founders are still very present and accessible. We all are. Entrepreneurialism is valued, and there is always room for good ideas.
- Your innovative solutions will be put to practice, changing people’s everyday lives
- Take ownership of and pride in what we do and achieve
- Have access to huge amount of maps-related data
- Mingle at events. You’re invited to our Hackathons and Innovation Days
- Enjoy free fruits and drinks as well as our game floor and fun groups, where you can meet other people throughout the company
- Settle in smoothly. Our team will make your move to Berlin a seamless experience
- Market rate salary, bonuses and benefits
Want to join us?
We want to meet you!
Please apply via email with your CV or LinkedIn profile. A pre-employment screening of all candidates is part of the selection process.
TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most influential inventions of all time. Since then, our software and navigation technologies have been powering over hundreds of millions of applications across the globe. From industry-leading location-based products and mapmaking technologies, to embedded automotive navigation solutions; innovative personal navigation devices and apps to advanced telematics fleet management and connected car services. We continue to shape the future, leading the way with autonomous driving, smart mobility and smarter cities. www.tomtom.com