We are looking for a System Administrator. As a System Administrator you are responsible for ensuring that the uptime, performance and security of the managed computers meet the needs of our staff members. You must feel comfortable to acquire, install and upgrade computer components and software, provide automation and maintain security policies.
Furthermore you will use the latest technologies and industry’s best practices to deliver a professional enterprise IT infrastructure. The role requires a person who can work collaboratively with a young, creative team, in an agile software development environment. You shall be responsible for the estimation, design, implementation and testing of all assigned tasks.
Here is a little taste of your challenge:
- Automation of provisioning and configuration of workstations and servers
- Supporting and assisting teams in different environments and scientific fields
- Improvement and extension of existing infrastructure and its code
- Setting up bare-metal machines, VMs and micro instances
- Creation of automated testing and deployment environments
What we expect from you:
- IT specialist vocational education, Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or other relevant field of study
- A minimum of 1 year of hands-on, recent experience in relevant field of occupation
- Knowledge of workstation, server, database and network administration
- Knowledge in administration of multi-platform environments like Linux/Windows/MacOS as well as ability to work and assist user in different environments
- Expert-level proficiency in Linux environment
- Experience working with configuration management stacks and automation
- Knowledge of IT security
- Knowledge of shell scripting
- Experience with Python
- Keen perception, responsible, reliable and good communication skills
What would be beneficial for you to have:
- Knowledge of monitoring, diagnostics and log analyzing as well as documentation and evaluation
- Experience in an agile development life cycle
- Experience with release management and testing as well as setting up testing environments
- Knowledge of version control software such as Git
- Experience with Docker
Who we are:
We are a diverse and talented team who is motivated by the will to make a change. Our goal is to establish new technologies in those real-life applications where they add extra value. We like to have fun together – there is no sense in coming to a job every single day if you don’t like the people you work with. As a new colleague you will work in an international environment with talented coworkers in our Berlin office. We work in small independent focus groups but help each other to succeed and collaborate across teams whenever possible. Our company’s culture is based on flat hierarchies, a constructive failure culture and mutual respect.
What you can expect from us:
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a „start-up“ but have the benefits of a billion-euro company.
- A company culture that encourages individual development and team-work.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So, it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Berlin. A pretty cool city to live and work.
Want to join us?
Please apply via email with your CV or LinkedIn profile. A pre-employment screening of all candidates is part of the selection process.